Saturday, March 17, 2012

Fooducate App

Fooducate App:
I mentioned this morning that I came across an app that is suppose to help you make healthier choices at the grocery store.  If you’re making an effort to eat healthier, the new app Fooducate can come in handy.  We all know that not all foods that are marketed as being healthy are actually not good for us at all. Here's how it works, use the camera on your phone to scan a product’s UPC code from within the app. (I've not been able to get this part to work so far.) If that item is in their database it will open up a report on the product complete with a letter grade for how healthy it is. It will also give you consumer reviews and information on specific ingredients.  This app is available to both Apple and Android users or you can use fooducate.com online.  I tried it out on my Android yesterday, and I'm having a bit of trouble scanning items with the camera.  This could be an issue with my phone.  Let me know if you try this out.  I think it could be a very nice app addition.



No comments:

Post a Comment